There are many houses in this world, but very few homes.
Because there is still a lot of tension in the houses. We always have to compete in the rat race. Because we are so busy with that, we often feel stressed and easily lost, and children also face pressure from parents.
It is because of this kind of pressure that emotional intelligence is not nurtured in the child. Parents often try to earn money to send their children to good schools and depend entirely on the school.
Schools cannot nurture emotional intelligence in children. Because in a school with hundreds of children, how can the school give quality attention to your children?
We cannot depend on schools to teach our children about happiness. Schools teach our kids about skills, but they don’t necessarily teach them all about emotional intelligence. Children still need support from their parents.
If you focus on grades instead of on your child’s emotional intelligence, this leads to stress. A degree can bring you money, but a degree does not represent wisdom.
Where there is no emotional intelligence, stress and disease arise. So make sure your children feel free, open, respected to ensure their mental health first.
So how to relieve stress?
To relieve stress, we need to understand about competition. Competition can also be good, but we need healthy competition. We can see this competition as a sport, and don’t attach too much importance to winning or losing. This life is unconditional love. Grades, titles at the end of life are not important.
Whether you have a high position or a lot of material things, but if you don’t have a loving heart, you won’t be able to win the heart of the people next to you, or bring warmth to your home.
If at home, relatives have to consider you as their boss, you will not succeed. Family is a deep trust, a genuine openness, a real joy when we are together.
We need to cultivate unconditional love for the members of our home.
However, this is not easy, there are many challenges in the couple’s relationship. Husbands and wifes often have a lot of insecurities, and cannot trust each other. What happened? Because we lack mindfulness in relationships. We have not given quality attention to our spouses/children and loved ones.
This has caused the members to gradually distance themselves from each other, unable to express themselves honestly. We can’t understand, can’t trust, can’t support and uplift each other.
If you find it difficult to connect with your spouse and children, it will be difficult to turn your house into a home.
Expression is the key to untying the knots in the family.
Remember when we were a child we were innocent, unconditional, enthusiastic, optimistic and always expressing ourselves.
As we grow up, we have a lot of comparisons and judgments. This is why it is difficult for us to turn the house into a home. As such, your blocked emotions need to be cleared up so that you can express them.
How to clear blocked emotions to turn a house into a home?
- Hugs are incredibly powerful. Through the hug we transmit love to each other.
- Let’s dance, play carefree like children. Then we create close and lovely moments for our family. And keep those moments in your heart and often remember.
- Thank you life for giving us such lovely moments. The more vividly you remember the moments, the more you make your house a home.
- When you trust your husband/wife deeply, this can turn the house into a home.
- When you always have hopes for your husband/wife or children, then we turn the house into a home. Hope here is unconditional acceptance, without expectations, without forcing or trying to control.
- Let us deeply feel the presence of our husband or wife. If you have made a mistake, if we have upset our wife or husband, let us send them an apology. And let’s also be open to forgive the other person when they make mistakes. Forgiveness brings blessings to each other and to children. It is the blessing that turns the house into a home.
- Empathize with your spouse’s struggles because of their efforts to support the family. Take care and express gratitude to your spouse. Where there is gratitude, there is love. It is love that turns a house into a home.
You are the engineer who creates the home. You can’t make a house into a home by expectations or by dominating. You can only make a house a home with unconditional acceptance and love.
How do you become an engineer who turns a house into a home?
We need to educate ourselves to be good engineers. We need to learn how to break the ego. We need to learn how to get along with the husband and wife. When we are dishonest, we only live in the house, not the home.
When you live with your ego, or compare your life with others, live with stress and pain, you can’t make a home.
Learn to break your ego.
Even if you have a high position, you cannot treat your loved ones with ego. Learn to be true to yourself. Make your house a home.
Don’t think you know a lot already. You need to learn how to be the engineer who turns the house into a home.
If we have a home, we don’t need a divorce, if we have a home, you will not be insecure about the future.
We need time to build a house into a home.
Be patient and focus on educating yourself on mindfulness.
You deserve to live in a home, not just a house. And you absolutely can become a talented engineer. Do this with all your love for your family and loved ones.
If you feel connected to these reminders, please share your thoughts here and spread this article to parents who are also eager to build a home. Happy family is the foundation of a peaceful world.